Friday, June 12, 2009

Parlez Vous Francais

Haven't posted anything in a while, and having a quiet night in tonight before the extreme busy that I'll be experiencing all tomorrow thought I'd make a post to make up for the lack before i put it off again. I've also just finished my load of assignments for another few weeks, which is very exciting to have a substantial amount of freedom for a while.
Currently I have a fairly large obsession with Carine Roitfeld, If you dont know who she is Google asap! She is the editor in chief at Paris Vogue and absolutely amazing; not only for her ability to style beautifully but she has an aura that makes everybody want to be around her. I recently watched a 3 part mini series that CNN did on her, its on
Youtube and this is the first to the series. It shows a great insight into the extravagent Paris fashion world. Oh I wish I could be there :( I also tried going on the Paris Vogue's website but had much difficulty navigating my way throughout it seeing as I dont speak any french at all (..regret)
Well its refusing to let me upload the first video so heres the link instead:


Carine Roitfeld CNN Revealed Pt 1


Here are also some examples of the editorials from Vogue that she has done the styling for. The rare elegence and beautifully thought out photographs do make her stand out from the rest.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


There hasn't really been much happening, just the extreme cold has taken over all of a sudden and i'm not really adjusting yet. BUT THAT MEANS! end of financial year sales, veryveryvery excited to spend too much money ahaaa.
AND I WANT A SUBSCRIPTION TO RUSSIA AND PARIS VOGUE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
But i'm too broke right now and trying to save for my PARKLIFE tix, and doubt that they would even ship here. Since I never talk about music or food much, and seeing as this is also a music and food blog I thought i'd put in my two cents and share with you a few of my favorites for music for this post, I haven't been out to eat much lately so I dont have anything to really report in that area but in the coming weeks there shall be installments.
MUSIC
I've currently listening to a lot of The Rapture nameingly the album "Echoes". The Rapture comes across as a wide variety of things, but probably more along the lines between 80's NY art-punk and a combo of house and progressive rock, yes it all sounds a little weird and its not for everyones taste but i love it. Also to Art Vs Science; they are are three piece from Sydney (wooo) that make "1980's inspired indie pop. That said, its more of an art school 1980's sound than anything Van She or Midnight Juggernauts do". They have already been nominated for a J Award and are a great new band to check out. Triple J plays the shit out of them, and good on them- with the radio station being the one of the sole reason's of the almost overnight success of the band. My favourite tracks atm are Flippers, and the title of this post Parlez Vous Francias?
Also getting back into Bloc Party and Foals lately, check out all these bands, excellent for the ears.


Nadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment