Wednesday, May 6, 2009

done and dusted.

It's all over and done.
Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, the one day in the year Australian designers have the chance to showcase their colletions to national and international audiences and industry members. I should have posted this earlier, buuuutttt I'm still in the middle of my exams so i'm a little all over the place + i have tomorrow off which is excellent- sleeping in sounds like the plan.
I'm going to show you a few pieces and designers I particulary liked, but overall I think it was a bit of a letdown. There was not alot of real high quality looking pieces and most were from affordable designers which I can easily purchase from my local General Pants store, I mean affordability is great- but I wanted fashion week to be about extravagent prices and really well made clothes from high quality materials.

All the rage about the Romance Was Born show made me excited to view the footage and photos, but apart from being artistic, the clothes were very unwearable and we'rent to my fancy at all. There was only one dress in the whole collection which caught my eye, it was this:

Photobucket



Magdelena Velenska
This is the first time I had seen this designers work, and although most of the collection wasnt to my taste, there was two dresses which I really liked for their lines and how they are coloured with urban, clean, and refined attributes, the collection depicts on a new age of modernism and curiosity. Taking direction from Romanesque draping and combining this element with strong shouldered 40’s silhouettes.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Ellery
“I felt like there was a small gap in the market for well made, fashion forward clothing. Clothing that came out of a label that created its own trends yet refreshed its image each season – as we see in many of the international design houses.” This is another brand I had yet seen, which tells me I really should pay for attention to my own countries up and coming designers because Ellery creates some really nice pieces, but I think they try to hard to be like Balmain.


Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Camilla and Marc
I'm not usually a big fan of Camilla and Marc, their collections always seem to clean cut for me. But they produced some some of the best looks for the week in my opinion. From little black body-con dresses, ripped demin jeans and shoulder defined blazers- these three looks seem to be re-occuring in many collections this season, also many cut out pieces and dresses -it does seem to be reminiscent of Balmain... yet again, but Camilla and Marc seem to pull it off somehow.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Other designers who had a few nice pieces are:
Karla Spetic
Illionaire
Bec and Bridge
Ginger and Smart
I didnt want to make this tooooo long and jam-packed. But I shall be posting soon, to tell you all about this amazing website I have recently discovered and fallen in love with.
Nadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment