Saturday, May 30, 2009

purchase/repurchase

As tired as I am at the moment, I thought it would have only been right to do a post with all these new purchases that were made today and other adventures that I've undertaken :)
This morning I woke up bright and early (8.45am, errghh!) got ready and met Ben at Maroubra Junction to give him a ticket .. in exchange for money- to the Getaway Plan/Elora Danan/The Amity Affliction gig tonight which I was unable to attend because I had to go to my brothers confirmation, very lame. I proceeded to get on a bus to meet Alisha at Circular Quay where she was 25 minutes late, but initially my fault, as i was supposed to get a replacement license at Maroubra whilst I was there but forgot to bring my proof of identification and application form (oops)
Next we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art to see the exhibition by Yayoi Kusama <-- (her website link) She's now in her 80th year and is still making art, and more specifically, covering her own world in dots. She uses repetition, pattern, and accumulation. She has long struggled with a mental illness, causing her to have hallucinations which are the basis of her art making. If your living in Sydney be sure to check out the exhibition- it ends on the 9th of June and is not one to miss- the experience is amazing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then we caught a train (... with much difficulty, yes this shows we are very suburban) to Bondddiiii Junction to do some much needed bonding shopping time, ahah. Got a few good buys;
-black body con dress with layered(?) material and low back
-black lace shirt
-long sleeve leotard with zippers
-grey+black vest
-white flowing singlet (not pictured)


Photobucket



I really do need to stop wearing so much black and grey, its so hard though :(
I also stopped over at 2 thrift shops after my school's athletics carnival on Friday and managed to snag some bargains. I bought maroon oxfords($10), a big navy blue leather bag($6) and a GOLD blazer($5)-yeah I'm pimping: I'm actually wearing all 3 items in the pictures from the gallery so you sort of have an idea of what it looks like.
On another note, WHY DOESN'T AUSTRALIA HAVE TOP SHOP YET?! It really frustrates me... a lot. I went on the website the other day and compiled a bunch of things I would love to get from there and was considering buying online but then the realisation that the Australia dollar is two times weaker than the pound my dreams were shattered. Fingers crossed that soon we catch up on this ever growing craze.

Photobucket

ANDDDD, yes my ebay account has been set up and I currently have two items on sale and will be adding more soon. Here's the link Whitelines-Redlights

Nadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment