Sunday, May 10, 2009

this is my blogging face.

We hadnt made a collective post in a while, so we thought it would be a good time to make one.

Nadia:

So tomorrow (Monday) concludes my half yearly exam period with my english speeches, nervous as fuck seeing as public speaking is surely not my thing but what has to be done, has to be done. I'm not ready to go back to full days of classes though, hm.
During the absence of my blogging i came across this great jewerelly line by Norweigian Bjorg, its so refreshing to find such an artistic and unique promotional advertisement to showcast jewerelly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


As she delivers her latest collection with stunning imagery that would fit right in place with a Tim Burton film Bjorg has had a diverse and creative career travelling the world and living in India for 3years. The results of this being pieces completely unique in style that is raw, innovative whilst being elegant. The combination of contrasting metals and precious stones in an industrial style, Bjorg often uses animal motifs along with poetic text that has been engraved into pendants and inscribed into the rings.

Last night me and Alisha went to Cyprus' party, twas goooooddd. Myself being housebound for the last 2 weeks, it was refreshing to see everyone and their usual state, ahah. This is what I wore:

leather jacket
scarf as headscarf
black+cream tye dye look dress
stockings
necklace
and NEW BOOTS ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alisha:

Well hellooooo, I havn't made an appearance on this blog for quite some time as I've been pretty chock-a-block with my uni assessments and just being a rockstar in general haha. So you've all probably heard the stereotype that music students are always drunk or on some kind of illicit substance. Well It's not always the case but most of the time, proof in the pudding is my most recent case of liver failure - thank god it's all sorted out now though because I do enjoy to kick back at the pub after class and throw down few, as well as the weekly party and odd gig throughout the week.

Which reminds me, at our Platform & Artist Development class on Friday some second years got up and played us some tunes in their bands, one being a great acoustic duo who's name has escaped me unfortunately, but they had only been playing together 4 weeks and they were fantastic! They have a gig at a pub next thursday on Foveux St. in Surry Hills that I and many of the JMC folk will be attending so I'll post up the details later in the week if anyone wants to join us.

The second band that played were a mash-up of two bands with an interesting twist, a really funky dude who always wears sunnies and sometimes mysteriously appears in my History of Pop Music class was playing around on his laptop throwing down beats and synth loops that created the backbone of the piece. One of our teachers Branco then revealed to us that he was also a beat boxer and a rapper... what a hidden talent to have.

Well, well, well..the things you find out about people. So Nadia has already talked briefly on Cyprus' party this weekend. I decided not to get myself into the usual state of drunkeness and chilled out with our good friend Jimmy and laughed at all the drunk and high people making fools of themselves, the most memorable being a strange fella "gabbering" for a few seconds then stopping, it was hilarious and put us in tears. That pretty much sums up my night...

So this is what I wore:
strapless cream dress
black blazer
various bracelets
necklaces
ripped black stockings
black wedge heels (not pictured)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nadia & Alisha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment