Saturday, April 11, 2009

Garage Days

Alisha here, so I've recently started a Bachelor of Music at JMC Creative Industries Academy in Surry Hills. And I've met a bunch of great muso's who all share the same passion for music as I do.

Throughout the weeks we've all been exchanging music and a good friend has increased my love for the vocalist Katie Noonan. Giving me a CD with two albums of one of her previous bands George, along with many other artists like Bright Eyes, The Cinematic Orchestra and Kings of Convenience. I urge anyone who enjoys easy listening, calming, alternative music to give these band's a good earned listening to.

Give these tracks a definite listen to:
1. Spawn - George
2. Release - George
3. Crazy (cover) - Katie Noonan
4. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
5. Lua - Bright Eyes
6. To Build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra
7. The Weight of My Words - Kings of Convenience

On that note I'd also like to urge everyone to listen to my mates Joel & Brad's awesome band Lumiere - they are fantastic and you are guaranteed to like it if you have any taste in good music at all. (Give them a search on myspace)

Also check out Guitar duo Michael & Nick at www.myspace.com/mtcnz
They are awesome and great friends of mine aswell :)

& check out my demo tunes (very rough but oh well)
at www.myspace.com/alishafmusic

Leave me feedback/requests and any bands or artists you think I should check out or write a post on.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment